Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 5-54: Selection and erection of electrical equipment – Earthing arrangements and protective conductors
|Publication Date:||1 April 2021|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
This part of IEC 60364 addresses the earthing arrangements and protective conductors including protective bonding conductors in order to satisfy the safety of the electrical installation.
This document also includes requirements regarding earthing and equipotential bonding for information and communication technology (ICT) with the aim of:
- reducing the risk of electrical hazards for correct operation of these devices and the information and communication technology wiring;
- providing the telecommunication systems with a reliable signal reference plane that can improve resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) by reference to ISO/IEC 30129.
NOTE Examples of information and communication technology (ICT) include:
- DC supply networks (and systems) for supplying power to ICT equipment within a building;
- star-shaped private automatic branch exchanges (PABX) or their equipment;
- local area (communication) networks (LANs);
- fire and intruder alarms communication systems;
- building automation systems, e.g. direct digital control systems;
- systems for computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and other computer-aided services;
- broadcast and communication technology.