AMENDMENT 1 Low-voltage electrical installations – Part 5-54: Selection and erection of electrical equipment – Earthing arrangements and protective conductors
|Publication Date:||1 April 2021|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
|ICS Code (Electrical engineering in general):||29.020|
This document also includes requirements regarding earthing and equipotential bonding for information and communication technology (ICT) with the aim of:
- reducing the risk of electrical hazards for correct operation of these devices and the information and communication technology wiring;
- providing the telecommunication systems with a reliable signal reference plane that can improve resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) by reference to ISO/IEC 30129.
NOTE Examples of information and communication technology (ICT) include:
- DC supply networks (and systems) for supplying power to ICT equipment within a building;
- star-shaped private automatic branch exchanges (PABX) or their equipment;
- local area (communication) networks (LANs);
- fire and intruder alarms communication systems;
- building automation systems, e.g. direct digital control systems;
- systems for computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) and other computer-aided services;
- broadcast and communication technology.