OPTICAL FIBER CABLE FOR PLACEMENT IN SEWER ENVIRONMENTS
|Publication Date:||1 January 2020|
This Standard covers optical fiber communications cables intended for installation in underground sewers, specifically storm and sanitary sewers. Materials, construction, and performance requirements are included in this Standard, together with applicable test procedures. Additional applications-based considerations are discussed as well.
Refer to other ICEA optical cable product Standards which may have relevance to cables of this Standard:
• ICEA S-87-640 for optical fiber cables intended for general outside plant use
• ICEA S-104-696 for optical fiber cables intended for indoor/outdoor use
• ICEA S-110-717 for optical fiber cables intended for aerial, duct, and buried outdoor and indoor/outdoor drop applications
• ICEA S-115-730 for optical fiber cables intended for Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) applications
• Note that the MDU application space may overlap that of drop cables.
• ICEA S-122-744 for microduct cables
Refer to the following published ICEA optical cable product Standards for other applications:
• ICEA S-83-596 for optical fiber cables intended for indoor applications
• ICEA S-119-741 for fiber to the antenna cables
• ICEA S-120-742 for distributed antenna system cables