IEC - 63044-3
Home and building electronic systems (HBES) and building automation and control systems (BACS) – Part 3: Electrical safety requirements
|Publication Date:||1 May 2021|
|ICS Code (Other electrical accessories):||29.120.99|
|ICS Code (Electrical accessories in general):||29.120.01|
This document specifies the electrical safety requirements for HBES/BACS.
In addition, it defines safety requirements for the interface of equipment intended to be connected to an HBES/BACS. It does not apply to interfaces to other networks.
NOTE An example of other networks is a dedicated ICT network covered by IEC 62949.
This document covers the following requirements and compliance criteria:
• protection against hazards from the device;
• protection against overvoltages on the network;
• protection against touch current;
• protection against hazards caused by different types of network;
• protection of the communication wiring against overheating caused by excessive current.