Extended application of test results on durability of self-closing for doorsets and openable windows - Part 4: Durability of self-closing of fire resistance and/or smoke control hinged and pivoted metal framed glazed doorsets and openable windows
|Publication Date:||1 May 2021|
|ICS Code (Fire-resistance of building materials and elements):||13.220.50|
|ICS Code (Doors and windows):||91.060.50|
This document is applicable to single and double leaf, hinged and pivoted metal framed, glazed doorsets or openable windows as covered by EN 15269-5 or EN 15269-20.
This document prescribes the methodology for extending the application of test results obtained from durability of self-closing test(s) conducted in accordance with EN 1191.
Subject to the completion of the appropriate self-closing test(s), the extended application can cover all or some of the following non-exhaustive list:
- doorsets and openable windows;
- door or window leaves;
- wall or ceiling fixed elements (frame or suspension system);
- glazing and non-glazed panels in doorset and openable window, side, transom and/or overpanels;
- items of building hardware;
- decorative finishes;
- intumescent, smoke, draught or acoustic seals;
- alternative supporting construction(s).