ISO - 19085-2
Woodworking machines — Safety — Part 2: Horizontal beam panel circular sawing machines
|Publication Date:||1 October 2021|
|ICS Code (Woodworking machines):||79.120.10|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
This document gives the safety requirements and measures for horizontal beam panel circular sawing machines with the saw carriage of the front cutting line mounted below the workpiece support, which are manually and/or powered loaded and manually unloaded, capable of continuous production use, as defined in 3.1 and hereinafter referred to as "machines".
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events as listed in Annex A, relevant to the machines, when operated, adjusted and maintained as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer including reasonably foreseeable misuse. Also, transport, assembly, dismantling, disabling and scrapping phases have been taken into account.
It is also applicable to machines fitted with one or more of the following devices/additional working units, whose hazards have been dealt with:
- side pressure device;
- device for powered unloading;
- unit for scoring;
- unit for post-formed/soft-for
- panel turning device;
- front side turn table;
- pushing out device;
- pneumatic clamping of the saw blade;
- powered panel loading device;
- device for grooving by milling tool;
- one or more additional cutting lines inside the machine for longitudinal and/or head cut (before the transversal cutting line);
- workpiece vacuum clamping as part of a front side turn table or of a panel loading device;
- panel pusher;
- independent panel pushers;
- additional panel pushers mounted on the panel pusher carriage;
- additional panel pusher with integrated label printer device;
- lifting platform;
- device for automatic loading of thin panels;
- device for base board unloading by gravity;
- device for base board powered unloading;
- device for panel unloading in limited space condition;
- loading or pre-loading roller conveyors;
- pressure beam with additional flaps to increase dust extraction efficiency;
- saw blade cooling system by air or water-air or oil-air;
- vibrating conveyor with/without trimming unit for offcuts management;
- predisposition for top loading/unloading by an external system directly on the machine table and/ or on the machine preloading roller conveyor and/or on the machine lifting table.
NOTE base board is a support panel underlying the panel stack, to protect the panels from damages during transportation.
The machines are designed for cutting panels consisting of:
a) solid wood;
b) material with similar physical characteristics to wood (see ISO 19085-1:2021, 3.2);
c) gypsum boards, gypsum bounded fibreboards;
d) composite materials, with core consisting of e.g. polyurethane or mineral material, laminated with light alloy;
f) foam board;
g) matrix engineered mineral boards, silicate boards;
h) polymer‐matrix composite materials and reinforced thermoplastic/thermo
i) aluminium light alloy plates with a maximum thickness of 10 mm;
j) composite boards made from the materials listed above.
This document does not deal with hazards related to:
- specific features different from those listed above;
- the machining of panels with milling tools for grooving;
- powered unloading of panels;
- rear half of split pressure beam on the front cutting line;
- the combination of a single machine being used with any other machine (as part of a line).
It is not applicable to:
- machines intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- machines manufactured prior to the date of its publication.