Woodworking machines - Safety - Part 2: Horizontal beam panel circular sawing machines
|Publication Date:||1 July 2017|
|ICS Code (Woodworking machines):||79.120.10|
|ICS Code (Safety of machinery):||13.110|
This document gives the safety requirements and measures for horizontal beam panel circular sawing machines with the saw carriage of the front cutting line mounted below the work-piece support, which are manually and/or powered loaded and manually unloaded, hereinafter referred to as "machines".
It deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events as listed in Clause 4, relevant to the machines, when operated, adjusted and maintained as intended and under the conditions foreseen by the manufacturer including reasonably foreseeable misuse. Also, transport, assembly, dismantling, disabling and scrapping phases have been taken into account.
NOTE For relevant but not significant hazards, e.g. sharp edges of the machine frame, see ISO 12100:2010.
It is also applicable to machines fitted with one or more of the following devices/additional working units, whose hazards have been dealt with:
- side pressure device;
- device for powered unloading;
- unit for scoring;
- unit for post-formed/soft-for
- panel turning device;
- front side turn table;
- pushing out device;
- pneumatic clamping of the saw blade;
- powered panel loading device;
- device for grooving by milling tool;
- one or more additional cutting lines inside the machine for longitudinal and/or head cut (before the transversal cutting line);
- work-piece vacuum clamping as part of a front side turn table or of a panel loading device.
The machines are designed for cutting panels consisting of
a) solid wood,
b) material with similar physical characteristics to wood (see ISO 19085-1:2017, 3.2),
c) gypsum boards, gypsum bounded fibreboards,
d) composite boards made from the materials listed above, and
e) composite materials with core consisting of e.g. polyurethane or mineral material laminated with light alloy.
This document does not deal with hazards related to
- specific features that differ from the dashed list above,
- the machining of panels with milling tools for grooving,
- powered unloading of panels,
- rear half of split pressure beam on the front cutting line,
- the combination of a single machine being used with any other machine (as part of a line).
It is not applicable to machines intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres or to machines manufactured prior to the date of its publication.