IEC - 60335-2-37
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-37: Particular requirements for commercial electric doughnut fryers and deep fat fryers
|Publication Date:||1 November 2021|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
This Part of IEC 60335 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial deep fat fryers and doughnut fryers including pressurized types with a pressure not exceeding 50 kPa and a pressure volume litres product not exceeding 200, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
These appliances are not intended for household and similar purposes. They are used for commercial processing of food in areas not open to the public, for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and in commercial enterprises such as bakeries and butcheries.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified for pressure appliances.
This standard does not apply to
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- appliances for continuous mass production of food;
- battery-operated appliances.