DODD 8910.01-M VOL 1 CE-03
DoD Information Collections Manual: Procedures for DoD Internal Information Collections
|Publication Date:||18 February 2022|
a. Manual. This manual:
(1) Is composed of two volumes, each containing its own purpose, and reissues DoD 8910.1-M (Reference (a)). The purpose of the overall manual, in accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5105.53 (Reference (b)) and the January 11, 2011 Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum (Reference (z)); DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8910.01 (Reference (c)); and the Secretary of Defense Memorandum (Reference (d)) is to provide guidance to collect information from the public, other federal agencies, or the OSD and DoD Components.
(2) Provides guidance to Information Management Control Officers (IMCOs) on the operation of their OSD and DoD Component information collection management programs and provides the procedures to approve and license with a report control symbol (RCS) DoD internal information collections and approve DoD public information collections.
b. Volume. This volume:
(1) Updates the responsibilities and procedures for the approval and licensing of DoD internal information collections including information requested from other federal agencies by DoD (see the Glossary in this volume for the definition of DoD internal information collection).
(2) Establishes the DoD Information Collections Webpage and the DoD Information Collections Repository (https://www.esd.whs
(3) Incorporates and cancels Directive-type Memorandum (DTM) 12-004 (Reference (e)).