ITU-T - Y.1565
(Pre-Published) Home Network Performance Parameters
|Publication Date:||1 December 2011|
Scope, Purpose, and Application
The purpose of this Recommendation is to define performance parameters applicable to home networks, within the conventions of SG 12 performance models.
The following areas are within the scope of this Recommendation:
1. Networks based on wired physical media.
2. Networks with either parameterized QoS or mechanisms that prioritize traffic, or no QoS mechanisms whatsoever.
3. IP networks based on IPv4 or IPv6, using Network Address and Port Translation or not.
4. Non-IP networks, for L2 and L3 (e.g., Ethernet)
5. Metrics lending themselves to traditional active or passive measurement techniques.
6. Home Network configurations (LANs) outside the UNI-UNI cloud. Other Recommendations are relevant within the UNI-UNI scope.