CEN - EN 1563
Founding - Spheroidal graphite cast irons
|Publication Date:||1 December 2011|
|ICS Code (Irons):||77.080.10|
This European Standard defines the grades and the corresponding requirements for spheroidal graphite cast irons.
This European Standard specifies 2 groups of spheroidal graphite cast iron grades by a classification based on mechanical properties measured on machined test pieces prepared from cast samples. The first group deals with ferritic to pearlitic grades.
The second group deals with solid-solution strengthened ferritic grades. This European Standard does not cover technical delivery conditions for iron castings (see EN 1559-1  and EN 1559-3 ).
This European Standard does not cover all aspects of:
- ausferritic spheroidal graphite cast irons which are specified in EN 1564 ;
- low alloyed ferritic spheroidal graphite cast irons which are specified in EN 16124 ;
- austenitic cast irons which are specified in EN 13835 ;
- spheroidal graphite cast irons used for pipes, fittings and their joints which are the subject of EN 545 , EN 598  and EN 969 ;
- the grades of spheroidal graphite cast iron as specified in EN 545 which are used for products such as industrial valves, non industrial manually operated shut-off valves and flanges and their joints, which are the subject of the applicable European product standards.