DODD 6490.16 CE-03
DEFENSE SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM
|Publication Date:||2 February 2023|
In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5124.02, this issuance:
• Establishes policies and assigns responsibilities for the DoD Suicide Prevention Program, pursuant to Section 533 of Public Law (PL) 112-81, Sections 580 through 583 of PL 112-239, and Section 567 of PL 113-291.
• Establishes procedures for the oversight and reporting of the DoD Suicide Prevention Program.
• Establishes policies for reporting suicides and suicide attempts of Service members, both Active Component and Selected Reserve (SELRES), and suicides of Service members' dependents, in accordance with Section 567 of PL 113-291.
• Establishes the Suicide Prevention General Officer Steering Committee (SPGOSC) and the Suicide Prevention and Risk Reduction Committee (SPARRC).
• Assigns responsibilities and prescribes procedures for the evaluation of effectiveness and outcomes of non-clinical suicide prevention activities.