CEI - EN IEC 61158-1
Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications Part 1: Overview and guidance for the IEC 61158 and IEC 61784 series
|Publication Date:||1 June 2023|
|ICS Code (Data communication networks):||33.040.40|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Multilayer applications):||35.100.05|
This part of IEC 61158 specifies the generic concept of fieldbuses.
This document also presents an overview and guidance for the IEC 611581 series by:
• explaining the structure and content of the IEC 61158 series;
• relating the structure of the IEC 61158 series to the ISO/IEC 7498-1 OSI Basic Reference Model;
• showing the logical structure of the IEC 617842 series;
• showing how to use parts of the IEC 61158 series in combination with the IEC 61784 series;
• providing explanations of some aspects of the IEC 61158 series that are common to the type specific parts of the IEC 61158-5 series including the application layer service description concepts and the generic fieldbus data types.
1 In the following pages of this document, "IEC 61158" will be used as a qualifier for "IEC 61158 (all parts)".
2 In the following pages of this document, "IEC 61784" will be used as a qualifier for "IEC 61784 (all parts)".