NR/L3/CIV/041 ISSUE 3
Waterproofing Systems for Underline Bridge Decks (aka NR/SP/CIV/041)
|Publication Date:||26 August 2008|
This standard applies to Waterproofing Systems for use on ballasted Underline Bridge decks.
It is not applicable to;
• other parts of Underline Bridges, such as below ground surfaces and abutments,
• Underline Bridges constructed by a tunnelling technique where the external faces are inaccessible for the application of waterproofing,
• overline bridges,
• the repair of existing Waterproofing Systems1.
The purpose of this standard is to define;
• the test methods, performance criteria, certification and registration requirements for Waterproofing Systems,
• the requirements to be considered when selecting a Waterproofing System,
• the detailing of a Waterproofing System,
• the requirements for applying a Waterproofing System.
The requirements of this standard are embodied in the 110-114 Sections of Model Clauses as given in NR/L3/CIV/140: Model Clauses for Civil Engineering works.
Further information and guidance on Waterproofing Systems is provided in NR/GN/CIV/001: Waterproofing Underline Bridge decks.
1 This requires specialist advice and consultation with Network Rail.