SNZ - AS/NZS ISO/IEC 29125
Telecommunications cabling requirements for remote powering of data terminal equipment
|Publication Date:||27 February 2012|
This Technical Report:
• targets the support of applications that provide remote power over balanced cabling to terminal equipment;
• covers the transmission and electrical parameters needed to support remote power over balanced cabling;
• covers various installation scenarios and how these may impact the capability of balanced cabling to support remote powering;
• specifies design and configuration of cabling as specified in International Standards ISO/IEC 11801, ISO/IEC 15018, ISO/IEC 24702 and ISO/IEC 24764;
• provides requirements and guidelines that will enable the support of a wide variety of extra low voltage (ELV) limited power source (LPS) applications using remote power supplied over balanced cabling.
Requirements and guidelines are provided with respect to
• cabling selection and performance (Clause 5),
• installation conditions (Clause 6),
• transmission requirements (Clause 7),
• power delivery (Clause 8),
• connecting hardware (Clause 9),
• mitigation considerations (Annex A).
Safety (electrical, fire, etc.) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements are outside the scope of this Technical Report.