CEN - EN 15649-3
Floating leisure articles for use on and in the water - Part 3: Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for Class A devices
|Publication Date:||1 November 2009|
|ICS Code (Outdoor and water sports equipment):||97.220.40|
This European Standard is applicable for CLASS A classified floating leisure articles for use on and in water according to EN 15649-1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
This document (EN 15649-3) is applicable with EN 15649-1 and EN 15649-2.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming Class A:
- "Floating Islands" in near round or square shaped forms decorated with palm tree, sun shade, etc. high superstructure;
- large floats/rafts in various forms from round to square;
- large floating tubes, giant tubes (inflatable or inherently buoyant);
- floating arm chairs, seats and sun beds;
- air mattresses for use on the water;
- recreational rafts / floating platforms / pontoons.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application:
- protected areas of lakes, ponds;
- protected area sea shore (no offshore winds, no currents).