VA 23 31 00
HVAC DUCTS AND CASINGS
|Publication Date:||1 April 2011|
A. Ductwork and accessories for HVAC including the following:
1. Supply air, return air, outside air, exhaust, make-up air, and relief systems.
2. Exhaust duct with HEPA filters for // Autopsy Suite // Negative Pressure Isolation Room // Biological Safety Cabinets // Radioisotope Hoods //.
3. Exhaust duct for chemical fume hoods, kitchen hood exhaust (grease) and "wet exhaust" ducts.
1. SMACNA Standards as used in this specification means the HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible.
2. Seal or Sealing: Use of liquid or mastic sealant, with or without compatible tape overlay, or gasketing of flanged joints, to keep air leakage at duct joints, seams and connections to an acceptable minimum.
3. Duct Pressure Classification: SMACNA HVAC Duct Construction Standards, Metal and Flexible.
4. Exposed Duct: Exposed to view in a finished room, // exposed to weather. //