VA 23 05 93
TESTING, ADJUSTING, AND BALANCING FOR HVAC
|Publication Date:||1 May 2011|
A. Testing, adjusting, and balancing (TAB) of heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. TAB includes the following:
1. Planning systematic TAB procedures.
2. Design Review Report.
3. Systems Inspection report.
4. Duct Air Leakage test report.
5. Systems Readiness Report.
6. Balancing air and water distribution systems; adjustment of total system to provide design performance; and testing performance of equipment and automatic controls.
7. Vibration and sound measurements.
8. Recording and reporting results.
1. Basic TAB used in this Section: Chapter 37, "Testing, Adjusting and Balancing" of 2007 ASHRAE Handbook, "HVAC Applications".
2. TAB: Testing, Adjusting and Balancing; the process of checking and adjusting HVAC systems to meet design objectives.
3. AABC: Associated Air Balance Council.
4. NEBB: National Environmental Balancing Bureau.
5. Hydronic Systems: Includes // chilled water, // condenser water, // heating hot water // and glycol-water systems. //
6. Air Systems: Includes all outside air, supply air, return air, exhaust air and relief air systems.
7. Flow rate tolerance: The allowable percentage variation, minus to plus, of actual flow rate from values (design) in the contract documents.