DIN CEN/TS 15480-1
Identification card systems - European Citizen Card - Part 1: Physical, electrical and transport protocol characteristics; English version CEN/TS 15480-1:2012
|Publication Date:||1 January 2013|
|ICS Code (Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics):||35.240.15|
This Technical Specification specifies Electronic Citizen Card (ECC) requirements.
The requirements described in this Technical Specification are used to:
1) define a plastic body card with associated physical and logical securities;
2) specify the electrical interface and data transport protocols for the ECC;
3) support the basic set of Identification and, authentication elements visible at the card surface;
4) provide guidance for the specification of the ECC Durability.
In addition to the above requirements, informative Annex A in this document recommends different Physical Layouts for the ECC for two scenarios:
- when the ECC is issued to act as a travelling document;
- when the ECC is not issued to act as a travelling document.