SNV - SN EN 483
Gas-fired central heating boilers - Type C boilers of nominal heat input not exceeding 70 kW
|Publication Date:||1 December 1999|
|ICS Code (Central heating systems):||91.140.10|
This standard specifies the requirements and test methods concerning, in particular, the construction, safety, fitness for purpose, and rational use of energy, as well as the classification and marking of gas-fired central heating boilers that are fitted with atmospheric burners, fan assisted atmospheric burners or premixed burners, and that are hereafter referred to as "boilers".
This European standard applies to type C 1) boilers as listed in 4.2:
- types C1, C3 and C5 boilers including their combustion air supply and combustion products evacuation ducts and their terminals;
- types C2 and C4 boilers including their connection ducts but without the shared duct system; this shared duct system is part of the building;
- type C6 boilers without any ducts; these ducts are separately approved and marketed;
- type C7 boilers until the draught diverter/air-inlet but without the secondary flue;
- type C8 boilers with their connecting ducts but without the chimney, which is part of the building;
- that are fitted with atmospheric burners, atmospheric burners assisted by a fan for the supply of combustion air or evacuation of combustion products, or fully premixed burners;
- that use one or more combustible gases corresponding to the three gas families and to the pressures stated in 126.96.36.199;
- that have a nominal heat input (on net calorific value) not exceeding 70 kW;
- where the temperature of the water does not exceed 95 °C during normal operation;
- where the maximum water-side operating pressure does not exceed 6 bar.
This European standard does not contain all the requirements necessary for:
- type C41, C51, C61, C71 and C81 boilers;
- boilers intended to be installed in the open;
- boilers of the condensing type;
- boilers of the combination type (central heating and production of domestic hot water).
This European standard only covers type testing.
1 ) Except for type C6 boilers, type C boilers are marketed with ducts. Combustion products evacuation ducts for installation in areas of the building other than the room in which the boiler is installed or ducts and chimneys which are part of the building are also subject to the Construction Products Directive. National installation regulations may specify further requirements and may limit the modes of installation permitted in the territory of a CEN member state.