Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-72: Particular requirements for automatic machines for floor treatment for commercial and industrial use
|Publication Date:||1 July 2002|
|ICS Code (Cleaning appliances):||97.080|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of mains or battery supplied portable combined machines, with or without a built-in battery charger, having a chassis with or without traction drive, intended for commercial and industrial use indoors or outdoors for dry or wet treatment of hard floors or of floors with carpeting, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 101 Examples of such appliances are catering equipment, cleaning appliances for industrial and commercial use, and appliances for hairdressers.
NOTE 102 Mobile equipment is defined as portable by part 1.
NOTE 103 Treatment within the meaning of this standard denotes for example
- wet or dry pick-up;
- application of wax and sealing products;
It is also applicable to appliances making use of other forms of energy for the motor; but it is necessary that their influence is taken into consideration.
For machines denoted to handle hazardous dust in normal use, additional requirements are specified in Annex AA of IEC 60335-2-69.
NOTE 104 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
- for machines denoted for operation or transport in public areas additional requirements may be specified by the national authorities responsible for road traffic licensing regulations.
NOTE 105 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- audio, video and similar electronic apparatus (IEC 60065);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- hand-held motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745);
- personal computers and similar equipment (IEC 60950);
- transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 61029).
- floor treatment machines for commercial and industrial use (IEC 60335-2-67).
- spray extraction appliances for commercial and industrial use (IEC 60335-2-68).
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners for commercial and industrial use (IEC 60335-2-69).