OPTICAL FIBER DROP CABLE
|Publication Date:||13 March 2013|
This Standard covers optical fiber communications cables intended for use in outdoor and/or indoor/outdoor optical fiber drop applications. Materials, construction, and performance requirements are included in this Standard, together with applicable test procedures.
Optical fiber communications cables within the scope of Multiple Dwelling Unit (MDU) applications, as defined by ICEA S-115-730, may include specific types of drop cables. For these MDU drop cables, the requirements of S-730 supersede the requirements of this Standard, except by agreement between manufacturer and user.
Refer to other published ICEA cable product Standards for information for optical fiber cable requirements for other applications:
• S-104-696 (ANSI/TIA-472C000-B)
• S-87-640 (to be TIA-472D000-C) for optical fiber communication cables intended for use in other outdoor applications,
• S-83-596 (TIA-472C000-C) for optical fiber communications cables intended only for indoor use, and
• S-112-718 for optical fiber cable for placement in sewers
• S-115-730 for optical fiber cable for multiple-dwelling units.