CENELEC - EN 61056-2
General purpose lead-acid batteries (valve-regulated types) - Part 2: Dimensions, terminals and marking
|Publication Date:||1 December 2012|
|ICS Code (Acid secondary cells and batteries):||29.220.20|
This part of IEC 61056 specifies the dimensions, terminals and marking for all general purpose lead-acid cells and batteries of the valve regulated type :
• for either cyclic or float charge application;
• in portable equipment, for instance, incorporated in tools, toys, or in static emergency, or uninterruptible power supply and general power supplies.
The cells of this kind of lead-acid battery may either have flat-plate electrodes in prismatic containers or have spirally wound pairs of electrodes in cylindrical containers. The sulphuric acid in these cells is immobilized between the electrodes either by absorption in a microporous structure or in a gelled form.
This standard defines the dimensions of the batteries in length, height and width, as well as the shapes of the terminals.
The lead-acid cells and batteries which are described in this standard should be tested according to the requirements of IEC 61056-1.
This part of IEC 61056 does not apply for example to lead-acid cells and batteries used for
• vehicle engine starting applications (IEC 60095 series),
• traction applications (IEC 60254 series) or
• stationary applications (IEC 60896 series).
Conformance to this standard requires that dimensions, terminals and marking correspond to these requirements.