CSA - CAN/CSA-E60335-2-6-01
Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Part 2: Particular Requirements for Stationary Cooking Ranges, Hobs, Ovens and Similar Appliances
|Publication Date:||1 July 2001|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This standard deals with the safety of stationary electric cooking ranges, hobs, ovens and similar appliances for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for singlephase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances.
NOTE 1 - Examples of appliances which are within the scope of this standard:
- stationary grills;
- stationary griddles;
- pyrolytic self-cleaning ovens;
- induction hobs;
- steam ovens;
- the electrical part of appliances supplied with energy other than electricity.
So far as practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances which are encountered by all persons in and around the home.
This standard does not in general take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
2 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- for appliances intended to be used in tropical countries special requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protectron of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
3 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- portable cooking applrances (IEC 60335-2-g);
- microwave cooking applrances (IEC 60335-2-25);
- commercial electric ranges, ovens and hob elements (IEC 60X35-2-36);
- commercial electric griddles and griddle grills (IEC 60335236);
- commercial electric forced convection ovens, steam cookers and steam convection ovens (IEC 60335-2-42).
4 Requirements for combination microwave ovens are under consideration; meanwhile IEC 60335-2-25 may be used in conjunction with this standard.