Standard: SAIA - ANSI A92.3
ELEVATING WORK PLATFORMS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Equipment Covered. This standard relates to adjustable work platforms which are used to elevate personnel, along with their took and necessary mate-rials, to job sites situated above the device. Such work platforms are vertically adjustable by any manual or powered means and may be self-propelled, towed, or" manually moved across horizontal surfaces while being supported by wheels or casters that become an integral part of the work platform base structure.
Equipment Not Covered. The intent of this standard is to exclude any matter relating to:
(1) Vehicle-mounted elevating and rotating work platforms (covered in American National Standard for Vehicle-Mounted Elevating and Rotating Work Plat-forms, A92.2-1969).
(2) Mobile ladder stands and scaffolds (towers) (covered in American National Standard for Manually Propelled Mobile Ladder Stands and Scaffolds (Tow-ers), A92.1-1971).
(3) Powered platforms for exterior building mainte-nance (covered in American National Standard Safety Requirements for Powered Platforms for Exterior Building Maintenance, A120.1-1970).
(4) Vertically adjustable platforms used primarily to raise and lower materials or materials-handling equipment, or both, with their operating personnel necessary to transfer such materials between varying elevations.
Purpose. The purpose of this standard is to serve as a guide for manufacturers, dealers, and users of work platforms to achieve the following objectives.
(1) Prevention of personal injuries to users and the public
(2) Uniformity in ratings
(3) Standards of design and manufacture
(4) Standards for testing and inspection
(5) Understanding by manufacturers and dealers of their respective responsibilities
Minimum Requirements. The criteria herein are to be considered minimum requirements.
|Organization:||Scaffold & Access Industry Association|
|Document Number:||ansi a92.3|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|