ARMY - AR 380-67
Personnel Security Program
|Publication Date:||24 January 2014|
a. To establish policies and procedures to ensure that acceptance and retention of personnel in the Armed Forces and United States Army, acceptance and retention of civilian employees in the Department of Defense (DOD) and Department of the Army (DA), and granting members of the Armed Forces, Army, DA and DOD civilian employees, DA and DOD contractors, and other affiliated persons access to classified information and assignment to sensitive positions are clearly consistent with the interests of national security.
b. This regulation-
(1) Establishes DA and DOD personnel security policies and procedures;
(2) Sets forth the standards, criteria and guidelines upon which personnel security determinations shall be based;
(3) Prescribes the kinds and scopes of personnel security investigation (PSIs) required;
(4) Details the evaluation and adverse action procedures by which personnel security determinations shall be made; and
(5) Assigns overall program management responsibilities.
Applicability. This regulation applies to the active Army, the Army National Guard/Army National Guard of the United States, and the U.S. Army Reserve, unless otherwise stated. Also, it applies only to Army contractor personnel who require access to sensitive compartmented information in the performance of their duties.