CEN - EN 16019
Railway applications - Automatic coupler - Performance requirements, specific interface geometry and test method
|Publication Date:||1 March 2014|
|ICS Code (Materials and components for railway engineering):||45.040|
This European Standard specifies the requirements for Type 10 automatic couplers for railway applications.
It defines the minimum interface requirements in order to allow automatic coupling (mechanical and pneumatic) of two Type 10 automatic couplers.
The interfaces of the end coupler specified in this European Standard:
- enable the rescue of a train set in an event of a breakdown by another trainset of different type, without the need to use an intermediate coupler adapter, accessories or component;
- are the reference interfaces to which the rescue coupler defined by EN 15020 will comply. It does not define:
- interface requirements concerning electrical connections;
- clearance requirements around the coupler head;
- the height above top of rail for the coupler;
- the position of the pivot point of the coupler.