DIN EN ISO 14554-2
Quality requirements for welding - Resistance welding of metallic materials - Part 2: Elementary quality requirements (ISO 14554-2:2013)
|Publication Date:||1 May 2014|
|ICS Code (Welding processes):||25.160.10|
This part of ISO 14554 specifies requirements for the demonstration of the capability of a manufacturer or a sub-contractor to produce welded constructions, fulfilling specified quality requirements, in one or more of the following:
- a contract between involved parties;
- an application standard;
- a regulatory requirement.
The requirements contained within this part of ISO 14554 can be adopted in full or can be selectively deleted by the manufacturer if not applicable to the construction concerned. They provide a flexible framework for the control of welding by providing specific requirements for:
- Case 1 - resistance welding in contracts which require the manufacturer or sub-contractor to have a quality system other than ISO 9001 and where the documented welding control has a minor importance to the overall integrity of the final construction;
- Case 2 - resistance welding as guidance to a manufacturer or sub-contractor developing a quality system;
- Case 3 - references in application standards which use resistance welding as part of their requirements or in a contract between relevant parties.
This part of ISO 14554:
- is independent of the type of welded construction to be manufactured;
- defines quality requirements for welding both in production plants and on site;
- provides guidance for describing the capability of a manufacturer to produce welded constructions to meet specified requirements;
- can also be used as a basis for assessing the manufacturer in respect to his welding capability.
For general guidelines for selection and use, see ISO 3834-1, while being aware that only comprehensive and elementary requirements are specified for resistance welding. Annex A gives a summary comparison of specific quality requirements for resistance welding in this part of ISO 14554 and ISO 14554-1.