DIN EN ISO 14554-2
Quality requirements for welding - Resistance welding of metallic materials - Part 2: Elementary quality requirements (ISO 14554-2:2000); English version of DIN EN ISO 14554-2
|Publication Date:||1 July 2000|
|ICS Code (Welding processes):||25.160.10|
This standard has been prepared such that:
- it is independent of the type of welded construction to be manufactured;
- it defines quality requirements for welding both in production plants and on site;
- it provides guidance for describing a manufacturers capability to produce welded constructions to meet specified requirements;
- it can also be used as a basis for assessing the manufacturer In respect to his welding capability.
This standard is appropriate when demonstration of a manufacturers or a sub-contractors capabity to produce welded constructions, fulfilling specified quality requirements, are specified in one or more of the following:
- a contract between involved parties;
- an application standard;
- a reguLatory requirement.
The requirements contained within this standard can be adopted in full or can be selectively deleted by the manufacturer if not applicable to the construction concerned. They provide a flexible framework for the control of welding in the following cases:
- Case 1
To provide specific requirements for resistance welding in contracts which require the manufacturer or sub-contractor to have a quality system other than EN ISO 9001 or EN ISO 9002 and where the documented welding control has a minor importance to the overall integrity of the final construction.
To provide specific requirements for resistance welding as guidance to a manufacturer or sub-contractor developing a quality system.
To provide specific requirements for references in application standards which use resistance welding as part of their requirements or in a contract between relevant parties.
For general guidelines for selection and use see EN 729-1 with the exception of Annex B and under consideration that for resistance welding only comprehensive and elementary requirements are specified. Annex A in this standard applies for resistance welding.