Protective devices against diagnostic medical X-radiation – Part 2: Translucent protective plates
|Publication Date:||1 May 2014|
|ICS Code (Radiographic equipment):||11.040.50|
This part of IEC 61331 applies to TRANSLUCENT PROTECTIVE PLATES
used for RADIATION PROTECTION in X-ray diagnosis and in X-ray
therapy. It also applies to TRANSLUCENT PROTECTIVE PLATES used for
protection against GAMMA RADIATION in nuclear medicine and
BRACHYTHERAPY with automatically-contro
It does not cover other translucent RADIATION PROTECTION materials, e.g.
- leaded glasses or goggles for protection of the OPERATOR'S eyes (eye spectacles),
- leaded face shields, which cover the entire face of the OPERATOR,
- PATIENT eye protection, and - thyroid/neck PROTECTIVE DEVICES.
This Part 2 deals with the requirements on
- geometrical accuracy;
- optical quality of the material;
- spectral TRANSMITTANCE;
- radiation ATTENUATION properties;
- statement of compliance with this standard.