ETSI - TR 103 229
Environmental Engineering (EE); Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) DC power supply network for ICT devices with energy storage and grid or renewable energy sources options
|Publication Date:||1 July 2014|
The present document specifies a Safety Extra Low Voltage DC power supply unit for powering at home or in public area (stores, hotels, railway stations, etc.) any ICT devices equipped with DC input or any ICT adapter with DC input compliant with EN 300 132-3-1 [i.17].
It gives information on:
• architecture with multi-outputs or DC network and powering area (room, zone);
• input and output voltage interface;
• configuration of interface voltage;
• optimization of efficiency and cost by mutualising several devices on the same DC power system;
• compatibility with future building using the up to 400 VDC power interface defined in EN 300 132-3-1 [i.17];
• integrated power shutdown management, to save energy as much as possible;
• EMC and resistibility;
• power autonomy to enable standalone power of ICT in case of crisis (electric grid failure, climatic crisis, earthquake, etc.);
• possibility to use renewable energy especially in emerging countries with no grid or of poor quality grid: which input interface, and how to make the sizing?
• possibility to power devices other than ICT such as low power light which highly increases life quality and sustainable development;
• some information on product safety;
• ecodesign principles with assessment of gains in mass of material use, energy and CO2 emission.
The present document also gives an overview of other existing standards in the field.
The detailed description of power generators and power converters or controllers are out of the scope.