Standard Installation, Inspection, and Testing Requirements for Power, Instrumentation, and Control Equipment at Nuclear Facilities
|Publication Date:||1 January 1985|
This standard sets forth the requirements for installation, inspection, and testing of power, instrumentation, and control equipment and systems during the construction phase of a nuclear facility. These requirements also cover modiÞcations and those operating phase activities that are comparable in nature and extent to related initial construction activities of the facility.
The intent of this standard is to establish requirements for safety systems equipment. (Safety systems equipment is deÞned in IEEE Std 603-1980 .1 ) However, this standard may also be applied to non-safety systems equipment.
This standard does not set forth speciÞc requirements for the following, though they are related to the above equipment and systems
1) Installation, inspection, and testing of welds
2) Cleaning and ßushing of instrument sensing lines
3) Aligning or verifying alignment, or both, of rotating equipment
4) Verifying structural integrity of supports for equipment
5) Activity governed by Section III of 
6) Preoperational tests of the integrated systems and equipment
7) Periodic testing and maintenance after initial operation
8) Receiving inspection and test
9) Non-destructive examination when required
1 The numbers in brackets correspond to those of the references listed in Section 2.