Identification Cards Integrated Circuit(s) Cards with Contacts Part 8: Security Related Interindustry Commands
|Publication Date:||1 March 2002|
This part of ISO/IEC 7816 specifies:
- security protocols for use in cards;
- secure messaging extensions;
- the mapping of the security mechanisms on to the card's security functions/services, including a description of the in-card security mechanisms;
- data elements for security support;
- the use of algorithms implemented on the card (though the algorithms themselves are not described in detail);
- the use of certificates;
- security related commands.
This part of ISO/IEC 7816 does not cover the internal implementation within the card and/or the outside world.
The choice and conditions of use of cryptographic mechanisms may affect card exportability. The evaluation of the suitability of algorithms and protocols is outside the scope of this part of ISO/IEC 7816.
It shall not be mandatory for cards complying to this part of ISO/IEC 7816 to support all the described commands or all the options of supported commands.