CSA - CAN/CSA-E60335-2-48-01
Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Part 2-48: Particular Requirements for Commercial Electric Grillers and Toasters
|Publication Date:||1 August 2001|
This clause of part 1 is replaced by:
This standard deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial grillers and toasters not intended for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances.
Rotary or continuous grillers and toasters and similar appliances intended for grilling by radiant heat such as rotisseries, salamanders, etc. are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 1 - These appliances are used for example in kitchens such as in restaurants, canteens, hospitals and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
So far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
NOTE 2 - Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- for appliances intended to be used in tropical countries, special requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
- for appliances intended to be used outdoors, additional requirements may be necessary.
This standard does not apply to:
- appliances designed exclusively for industrial pruposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presece of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- continuous process appliances for the mass production of food;
- griddles and griddle grills (IEC 60335-2-38).