CSA - CAN/CSA-IEC E335-2-48-94
Safety of Household and Similar Electrical Appliances Part 2: Particular Requirements for Commercial Electric Grillers and Toasters
|Publication Date:||1 June 1994|
This clause of Part 1 is applicable except as follows:
This standard applies to the following electrically operated commercial appliances, not intended for household use:
- grillers, including rotary or continuous types;
- toasters, including rotary or continuous types;
- similar appliances for grilling by radiant heat such as rotisseries, salamanders, etc. The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard and the influence of the non-electrical parts on the electrical parts is taken into consideration.
This standard does not apply to:
- grillers and toasters for industrial purposes;
- continuous process grillers and toasters for the mass production of food;
- griddles and griddle grills which cook by direct contact with the food;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
For appliances intended to be used outdoors, additional requirements may be necessary.
For appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary.
For appliances intended to be used in tropical countries, special requirements may be necessary.
Attention is drawn to the fact that in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national authorities responsible for health, for water supplies and for the protection of labour.