Coupling Capacitors and Capacitor Dividers
|Publication Date:||1 May 1990|
|ICS Code (Other electrical accessories):||29.120.99|
|ICS Code (Other equipment related to power transmission and distribution networks):||29.240.99|
|ICS Code (Power capacitors):||31.060.70|
This standard is applicable to:
a) coupling capacitors for power line carrier (PLC) systems on high voltage overhead power lines, the power-frequency range being 15 Hz to 60 Hz, and the carrier frequency range 30 kHz to 500 kHz;
b) capacitor dividers of capacitor voltage transformers. Additional requirements for capacitor voltage transformers are given in IEC Publication 186;
c) capacitors with one terminal either permanently earthed or at low voltage as used for overvoltage protection and other similar uses.
Notes 1.- Diagrams of capacitors to which this standard applies are given in Figures A1 to A4 in Appendix A.
2.- The following capacitors are excluded from this standard:
- shunt capacitors for a.c. power systems having a rated voltage above 660 V (IEC Publication 871);
- shunt power capacitors of the self-healing type for a.c. systems having a rated voltage up to and including 660 V (IEC Publication 831);
- shunt power capacitors of the non self-healing type for a.c. systems having a rated voltage up to and including 660 V (IEC Publication 931);
- capacitors for inductive heat generating plants operating at frequencies between 40 and 24 000 Hz (IEC Publication 110);
- series capacitors (IEC Publication 143);
- capacitors for motor applicatons and the like (IEC Publication 252);
- capacitors to be used in power electronics circuits (IEC Publication under consideration);
- capacitors for use in tubular fluorescent and other discharge lamp circuits (IEC Publication 566);
- capacitors for suppression of radio interference (IEC Publication 384-14);
- capacitors intended to be used in various types of electrical equipment and therefore considered as components;
- capacitors intended for use with d.c. voltage super-imposed on the a.c. voltage.