CSA - CAN/CSA-E60335-2-9-06
Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-9: Particular requirements for grills, toasters and similar portable cooking appliances
|Publication Date:||1 March 2006|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric portable appliances for household purposes that have a cooking function such as baking, roasting and grilling, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- barbecues for indoor use;
- contact grills (griddles);
- food dehydrators;
- portable ovens;
- raclette grills;
- radiant grills;
- rotary grills;
- waffle irons;
Examples are illustrated in Figure 101.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- stationary ovens and stationary grills (IEC 60335-2-6);
- warming plates (IEC 60335-2-12);
- frying pans and deep fat fryers (IEC 60335-2-13);
- microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-25);
- barbecues for outdoor use (IEC 60335-2-78);
- appliances intended for commercial catering;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).