Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-85: Particular Requirements for Fabric Steamers
|Publication Date:||1 November 2002|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric fabric steamers intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 101 Examples of such appliances are those for use in laundries and dry cleaners.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
- electric irons (IEC 60335-2-3);
- ironers (IEC 60335-2-44);
- appliances connected to the water mains.