Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-43: Particular requirements for clothes dryers and towel rails
|Publication Date:||1 November 2005|
|ICS Code (Laundry appliances):||97.060|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric clothes dryers for drying textiles on racks located in a warm airflow and to electric towel rails, for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 The clothes racks may be fixed or free-standing in a cabinet. The air circulation may be natural or forced.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- tumble dryers (IEC 60335-2-11);
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).