Medical Electrical Equipment - Part 2-46: Particular Requirements for the Safety of Operating Tables
|Publication Date:||1 June 1998|
|ICS Code (Hospital equipment):||11.140|
This Particular Standard specifies safety requirements for OPERATING TABLES, as defined in 2.12.101, whether or not having electrical parts, including TRANSPORTERS, as defined in 2.12.104, used for the transportation of the table top to or from the base or pedestal of an OPERATING TABLE with detachable table top.
This Particular Standard does not apply to
- dental patient chairs;
- examination chairs and couches;
- patient-supporting systems of diagnostic and therapeutic devices;
- operating table heating blankets;
- patient transfer equipment;
- delivery tables and beds;
- hospital beds;
- field tables.