Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-13: Particular requirements for deep fat fryers, frying pans and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||1 July 2004|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric deep fat fryers, frying pans and other appliances in which oil is used for cooking, and intended for household use only, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric deep fat fryers having a recommended maximum quantity of oil not exceeding 5 l, frying pans, woks and other appliances in which oil is used for cooking, and intended for household use only, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V. NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- deep fat fryers for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-37);
- commercial multi-purpose cooking pans (IEC 60335-2-39);
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).