Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 6-1: Multiple function equipment – Transfer switching equipment
|Publication Date:||1 August 2005|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
|ICS Code (Switches):||29.120.40|
Scope and object
This part of IEC 60947 applies to transfer switching equipment (TSE) to be used in power systems with interruption of the supply to the load during transfer, the rated voltage of which does not exceed 1 000 V a.c. or 1 500 V d.c.
- manually operated transfer switching equipment (MTSE);
- remote operated transfer switching equipment (RTSE);
- automatic transfer switching equipment (ATSE).
It covers TSE provided with or without an enclosure.
Devices necessary for the control (e.g. control switches, etc.) and the protection (e.g. circuit-breakers, etc.) of a TSE are covered by the relevant IEC standards.
NOTE TSE used only for emergency lighting may be subject to specific rules and/or legal requirements and are not, therefore, covered by this standard.
The object of this part of IEC 60947 is to state:
1) The characteristics of the equipment:
a) specific equipment;
b) equipment the main part of which being devices covered by other IEC 60947 product standards.
2) The conditions of the equipment with respect to:
a) operation for which the equipment is intended;
b) operation and behaviour in case of specified abnormal conditions, for example, short-circuit;
c) dielectric properties.
3) The tests intended to confirm that these conditions have been met and the methods for performing these tests.
4) The data to be marked on the equipment and provided by the manufacturer.