ETSI - TR 102 375
Satellite Earth Stations and Systems (SES); Guidelines for determining the parts of satellite earth station antenna radiation patterns concerned by the geostationary satellite orbit protection
|Publication Date:||1 February 2005|
The present document provides a method for the determination of the range of off-axis directions which could be oriented towards the visible part of GSO according to the following operational parameters:
1) the range of operational latitudes of the ES;
2) the minimum antenna main beam axis elevation;
3) the type of antenna mount used (e.g. azimuth-elevation, equatorial);
4) the alignment accuracy of the antenna mount axes;
5) the minimum East-West offset angle, relative to the satellite position, on the GSO from which protection of the GSO arc is required; and
6) in the case of an antenna designed for operation with a specific list of satellites, the minimum distance of the antenna to the sub-satellite points at the surface of the Earth.
These operational parameters are either:
• specified within the standard (e.g. the minimum antenna main beam axis elevation is equal to 7°); or
• declared by the applicant; or
• indicated within the user documentation.