ETSI - EN 300 234
Fixed Radio Systems; Point-to-Point Equipment; High Capacity Digital Radio Systems Carrying 1 x STM-1 Signals and Operating in Frequency Bands with About 30 MHz Channel Spacing and Alternated Arrangements
|Publication Date:||1 February 2001|
The present document specifies parameters for high capacity STM-1 digital radio-relay systems designed to operate in defined bands up to 15 GHz. The channel spacing between adjacent cross-polar channels is generally approximately 30 MHz. Operation in the Adjacent Channel alternated cross-polar mode is foreseen. The present document specifies the minimum performance parameters for terrestrial fixed service radio communications equipment operating in the frequency bands up to 15 GHz and contains a revision from the previous version, in the area of:
• modification of the RF spectrum masks taking into account the compatibility requirements.
Recognizing that in some geographical areas there is a high demand for spectrum two different grades of system has been defined.
• Class 5 Grade A: equipment spectral efficiency based on typically 64 or 128-states modulation scheme (e.g. 64-QAM, 128-QAM, or equivalent) to be deployed, on parallel routes, with cross-polar adjacent channel with less stringent adjacent channel performance (see table 8) or for trunked multi-channel applications;
• Class 5 Grade B: equipment spectral efficiency based on typically 64 or 128-states modulation scheme (e.g. 64-QAM, 128-QAM, or equivalent) to be deployed, on parallel routes, with cross-polar adjacent channel with more stringent adjacent channel performance (see table 9).
The above classes are indicative only and do not imply any constraint to the actual modulation format, provided that all the requirements in the present document are met.
• Introduction of unique system type codes for regulatory reference to the various system types detailed in the present document, refer to new annex C (normative) and related categories of equipment classes of spectral efficiency.
• Additional specification for CWspectral lines exceeding the spectrum mask.
The applications of these digital radio-relay systems are anticipated to be in the trunk, regional and access networks, at data rates of Synchronous Transport Module, level 1 (STM-1). The parameters to be specified fall into two categories:
a) those that are required to provide compatibility between channels from different sources of equipment on the same route connected either to separate antennas or separate polarizations of the same antenna. This category also includes parameters providing compatibility with the existing radio-relay network;
b) parameters defining the transmission quality of the proposed system.
The standardization deals with RF and baseband characteristics. Antenna/feeder system requirements are covered in EN 300 833 .
Two possible baseband interfaces for SDH systems have to be considered: one for STM-1 and another for 140 Mbit/s signals.
The present document does not contain aspects related to test procedures and test conditions, however they are to be found in EN 301 126-1 .
Safety aspects are outside the mandate of ETSI and they will not be considered in the present document. However compliance to EN 60950  will be required to comply with Directive 1999/5/EC  (R&TTE Directive).
Technical background for most of the parameters and requirements referred in the present document may be found in TR 101 036-1 .