Electromechanical Contactors for Household and Similar Purposes
|Publication Date:||1 October 2000|
|ICS Code (Other electrical accessories):||29.120.99|
|ICS Code (Low voltage switchgear and controlgear):||29.130.20|
This International Standard applies to electromechanical air break contactors for household and similar purposes provided with main contacts intended to be connected to circuits the rated voltage of which does not exceed 440 V a.c. with rated operational currents less than or equal to 63 A for utilization category AC-7a and 32 A for utilization category AC-7b, and rated conditional short-circuit current less than or equal to 6 kA.
The contactors dealt with in this standard are not normally designed to interrupt short-circuit currents. Therefore, suitable short-circuit protection (see 9.3.4) shall form part of the installation.
This standard does not apply to:
- contactors complying with IEC 60947-4-1;
- semiconductor contactors;
- contactors designed for special applications;
- auxiliary contacts of contactors. These are dealt with in IEC 60947-5-1.
This standard states:
1) The characteristics of contactors.
2) The conditions with which contactors shall comply with reference to:
a) their operation and behaviour;
b) their dielectric properties;
c) the degrees of protection provided by their enclosures, where applicable;
d) their construction;
e) their electromagnetic compatibility characteristics.
3) The tests intended for confirming that these conditions have been met, and the methods to be adopted for these tests.
4) The test sequences and the number of samples to be submitted for certification purpose.
5) The information to be given with contactors or in the manufacturer's literature.