Guide to Formwork for Concrete
|Publication Date:||1 January 2003|
This guide covers:
• A listing of information to be included in the contract documents;
• Design criteria for horizontal and vertical forces on formwork;
• Design considerations, including safety factors, to be used in determining the capacities of formwork accessories;
• Preparation of formwork drawings;
• Construction and use of formwork, including safety considerations;
• Materials for formwork;
• Formwork for special structures;
• Formwork for special methods of construction; and
• Qualification of personnel for inspection and testing.
This guide is based on the premise that layout, design, and
construction of formwork should be the
responsibility of the formwork engineer/contractor.