Industrial Electroheating Intallations - General Test Methods
|Publication Date:||1 April 1999|
|ICS Code (Electric furnaces):||25.180.10|
Scope and object
This International Standard is applicable to industrial electroheat installations such as:
- direct arc furnaces;
- submerged arc furnaces;
- induction furnaces:
- equipment for medium- and high-frequency induction heating;
- equipment for radio frequency heating and dielectric heating;
- equipment for direct and indirect resistance heating;
- electroslag remelting furnaces;
- equipment for infra-red heating;
- microwave heating equipment;
- electroheat equipment with electron guns;
- plasma electroheat equipment;
- industrial laser equipment.
This standard is not applicable to electric cooking and heating equipment for household and similar purposes, nor does it apply to installations and apparatus for household and industrial room heating, soldering, welding or similar uses, electroheat installations for agriculture, for heating roads, bridges, parking, or space heating of any kind.
The object of this standard is standardisation of the test conditions, fundamental measurements and general test methods applicable to all industrial electroheat installations to confirm their safety and performance specifications.
This standard is intended to be used in conjunction with the relevant particular standards on safety and performance for industrial electroheat equipment where these exist. Where such standards are not applicable, agreement may be made between the manufacturer and user. The lists of tests given in this standard are neither mandatory nor restrictive.