Household and Similar Electrical Appliances - Safety - Part 2-25: Particular Requirements for Microwave Ovens, Including Combination Microwave Ovens
|Publication Date:||1 June 2005|
|ICS Code (Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances):||97.040.20|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This international standard deals with the safety of microwave ovens for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
This international standard also deals with combination microwave ovens, for which Annex AA is applicable.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
NOTE 101 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 102 This standard does not apply to
- commercial microwave ovens (IEC 60335-2-90)
- industrial microwave heating equipment (IEC 60519-6)
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601)
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).