CENELEC - EN 61158-1
Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 1: Overview and guidance for the IEC 61158 and IEC 61784 series
|Publication Date:||1 September 2014|
|ICS Code (Industrial process measurement and control):||25.040.40|
|ICS Code (Telecommunication systems):||33.040|
|ICS Code (Multilayer applications):||35.100.05|
This document specifies the generic concept of fieldbuses.
• This document also presents an overview and guidance for the IEC 61158 series by:
• explaining the structure and content of the IEC 61158 series;
• relating the structure of the IEC 61158 series to the ISO/IEC 7498-1 OSI Basic Reference Model;
• showing the logical structure of the IEC 61784 series;
• showing how to use parts of the IEC 61158 series in combination with the IEC 61784 series;
• providing explanations of some aspects of the IEC 61158 series that are common to the type specific parts of the IEC 61158-5 including the application layer service description concepts and the generic fieldbus data types.