Floating leisure articles for use on and in the water - Part 7: Additional specific safety requirements and test methods for Class E devices
|Publication Date:||1 August 2017|
|ICS Code (Outdoor and water sports equipment):||97.220.40|
This document is applicable for Class E floating leisure articles for use on and in water according to ISO 25649-1 regardless whether the buoyancy is achieved by inflation or inherent buoyant material.
This document is applicable with ISO 25649-1 and ISO 25649-2.
Class E devices are intended for use in bathing areas or in protected and safe shore zones.
NOTE 1 Typical products forming Class E (see Annex F):
- inflatable boats for rowing or paddling of near oval shape with or without transom;
- canoes and kayaks;
- inflatable boats made from plastic sheets or from reinforced materials;
- motor kit/sail kit as additional option.
NOTE 2 Typical places for application of Class E devices:
- moving from A to B for pleasure purposes;
- staying on the water for relaxing;
- moving from shore to the main boat, transportation of persons and load (tender boat).